I lead the gaming team at Delphi Digital where we invest, research, and incubate exceptional projects on the frontiers of crypto.
I also operate as a venture partner at BITKRAFT where we back the best companies in the world driving the emergence of synthetic reality.
Prior to that, I dropped out of a computer science and philosophy degree to set up a crypto venture fund called Azar Capital.
This is a place on the internet where I put things that I find interesting. The hope is that those things might also resonate with other people—a kind of digital serendipity perhaps.
Things I'm Thinking About
The Metaverse (obviously).
- The role of decentralized networks in building a Metaverse.
- How our dominant interaction models evolve as we achieve this next great milestone as a networked species.
- What new business models are being unlocked as well as how the investable surface area is expanding across this domain.
- Homo Ludens.
- The largest and most dominant entertainment form the world has ever seen.
- Their historical and future role in pushing the limits of immersive digital technologies and massively shared experience.
Crypto x Gaming.
- New business models allowing players to participate in the value they create.
- How game design must evolve to accomodate new economic realities.
- Gaming as the trojan horse to global blockchain adoption.
- General-purpose smart contract platforms; emerging sectors like DeFi.
- DAOs and other governance experimentation in coordinating human activity at massive scale.
- Robust prviacy-by-design systems necessary for the coming phase of the internet’s evolution.
Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs).
- Digital property rights.
- NFTs as a universal digital representation and ownership layer.
- New monetization mechanisms expanding the universe of participants in the creator economy.
- Bitcoin as the first true digital organism, capable of incentivizing humans all across the globe to ensure its survival.
- Genesis of cryptoeconomics and decentralization—potentially a dominant theme of the 21st century.
- The gradual separation of money and state.
Interviews, Podcasts, & Panels
- Earning Money in the Metaverse with Raoul Pal
- What is the Metaverse? with Rex Woodbury
- Bringing Games Into The Metaverse with Gabby Dizon
- Token2049 in London
- Tomorrow with Rovio
- Metacast Roundtable #9: Investing in P2E, Facebook and the Metaverse, the China threat
- Metacast Roundtable #6: Play-to-earn and Facebook's VR dominance
- Just Scratching the Surface for NFTs with Ledger Status
- The Metaverse Show with Jamie Burke
- NFT Gaming Panel with Crypto Tonight
- Blockchain Game Alliance DAO Panel
- Zima Red with Andrew Steinwold
- Forging the Open Metaverse with Crucible
The Metaverse: a persistent, live digital universe that affords individuals a sense of agency, social presence, and shared spatial awareness, along with the ability to participate in an extensive virtual economy with profound societal impact.